Check out our Company Homepage!

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Story About Persistence

We all have the power of spirit. In Rich Dad Poor Dad, Kiyosaki pinpoints that for someone to move to action, he or she needs a reason greater than reality. He says, if you ask most people if they would like to be rich or financially free, they would say “yes.” But then reality sets in. The road seems too long with too many hills to climb. It’s easier to just work for money.

Story About Persistence

At the age of 66, Colonel Sanders lost his business and began to live on his Social Security check. It wasn’t enough. He went around the country selling his recipe for fried chicken. He was turned down 1,009 times before someone said “yes.” And he went onto become a multimillionaire at an age when most people are quitting. He was a brave and tenacious man…

What drives people to accomplish what seems the impossible to many?

There was a young woman who had dreams of swimming for the U.S. Olympic team. The reality was, she had to get up every morning at 4 a.m. to swim for three hours before going to school. She did not party with her friends on Saturday night. She had to study to keep her grades up just like everyone else.

A reason or a purpose is a combination of “wants” and “don’t wants”. In order to have the persistence to overcome any adversity, you must identify your deepest emotional reasons. Come up with the list of “Don’t wants” because they actually create your “wants” list.

Here are examples of “don’t wants”:


I don’t want to work my whole life.
I don’t want what my parents aspired for, which was job security and a house in the suburbs.
I don’t like being an employee.
I hated that my dad always missed my games because he was so busy working on a career.
I hated it when my dad worked hard all his life and the government took most of what he worked for at his death.

Examples of “wants”:

I want to be free to travel the world and live the lifestyle I love.
I want to be young when I do this.
I want to have freedom.
I want control over my time and my life.

What are yours??

 


About Matt Sileno: Matt Sileno, the President/Founder of The Intuitive Group, Inc. is no stranger to hard work and overcoming adversity. He has taken his small Sales and Marketing Firm to new heights working directly with Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies across the U.S.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment